Here’s our conference schedule at a glance. Please look here for more detailed information for the sessions, panels, and speakers, and join and share our facebook event here.
Saturday, March 3
Panel Discussion 1: “Analysis and Reflections on the Occupy Movement”: Noon - 2 p.m.
- Room 700, facilitated by Marissa Brown (Occupy the South Side), Brit Schulte (Occupy Chicago), Stephen Eisenman (Northwestern University) and Joe Macaré (writer and editor)
Teach-in Series “Whose City?” Session 1: 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
“A Short and Irreverent History of the G8 and NATO”
- Room 700, facilitated by Eric Ruder
“Immigrant Justice, Chicago & Global Capitalism”
- Room 501, facilitated by Mario Cardenas
Teach-in Series “Whose City?” Session 2: 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
“Health Disparities in Chicago”
- Room 700, facilitated by Professor Dorothy Roberts (Northwestern University)
“Walmart: Big Retail Employment and the 99%”
- Room 501, facilitated by Janel Bailey
Sunday, March 4
Teach-In Series “Whose City” Session 3: Noon - 1:30 p.m.
“Chicago and the Human Right to Housing”
- Room 700, facilitated by Janet L. Smith (UIC) and Loren Taylor (Occupy Our Homes)
“Environmental Justice, Chicago & Global Capitalism”
- Room 501, facilitated by Jerry Mead-Lucero (P.E.R.R.O)
“SILENCE = DEBT”
- Room 501, facilitated by Brian Holmes (European Graduate School)
Teach-In Series “Whose City?” Session 4: 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
“Corporations Declare War Against Public Education”
- Room 700, facilitated by Bill Watkins (UIC) and Jackson Potter (CTU staff coordinator)
“Utility Profiteering and How to Fight It”
- Room 501, facilitated by Virginia Miller (Midwest Workers Association)
Panel Discussion 2: “Our City: Occupying, Decolonizing, Mobilizing”: 4 - 6 p.m.
- Room 700, facilitated by Todd Freeman, Brian Holmes, Crystal Vance Guerra (Occupa El Barrio, Occupy Chicago) and Toby Chow (Southsiders Organized for Unity and Liberation)